Online Xhosa Level 2 (Supported)
The perfect next step to speaking (easy) Xhosa in 8 weeks (with UBuntu Bridge)
Are you ready for LEVEL 2:
- moving from beginner to conversational speaker?
We are here to help keep you building conversational competence and confidence through:
- Focussing purely on practical application of new content learnt
- Practicing isiXhosa Qha!
- New conversationally useful content each week, over 8 weeks
- EASY track: if you find yourself in a rush in any or all weeks, just learn the key phrases from our summary lesson, then practice them in your zoom session, and you will be on track to finish the course!
- DEEPER track: includes all relevant grammar and vocab and additional content for those who want to engage the material more thoroughly.
- WEEKLY, flexible, Conversational Zoom sessions:
- (Now 3 students max in a class over 15 minutes) for more focus and less time commitment for you!
July 2020 Bonus - Weekly lectures:
- We are excited to say that we will be offering a weekly lecture at the beginning of each week, for anyone to attend, followed by a short Q & A.
- Lectures will be recorded and replays made available.
- Lectures provide an overview of the essential content for that week and give you an extra level of support to stay on track!
- Lectures will cover the easy and deep track content for that week!
*July Pre-launch specials
- until 3 July*
- includes access to online course and all course materials
- Downloadable eBook & audio mp3s
- Fun edutaining Videos
- with email / whatsapp reminders
- final assessment session
- Plus Facebook community support group access
- Plus bonus weekly lecture / replays
- For specials and price variations, click ->
Why do this Xhosa course online?
UBuntu Bridge has taught to adult and child beginners since 2005, having taught thousands of learners in class settings across all sectors of South African societies, including schools, government, corporates, NGO's, individual citizens and many visiting groups from Europe and the US.
- We have a reputation for the most fun and effective courses, in both live and online settings!
- The online structure is convenient and flexible
- Clear, step-by-step structured content to cover at your own pace, whenever you want
- Content designed by an non-mother tongue, adult learner for maximum student empathy
- Contact sessions taught by experienced mother-tongue facilitators, ensuring you get the sounds right and tune your ears!
- Practical supporting materials comprising video, downloadable e-book with interactive Audio
- We get you speaking in our live Zoom sessions!
- Multiple Support Platforms with a live teacher via:
- Whatsapp Group (announcements/updates group and a chat group)
- Zoom / webinars (choose one weekly from different options across the week, at a time that suits you!)
- Facebook Support group (find a learning buddy, or get support from our community)
Weekly check-ins, at a time of your choice, with your teacher and fellow students, allows for you to:
- stay on track
- be motivated
- and get results
Why do it now?
- The supported course is only open for limited periods (03 August 2020 - 28 September)
- Next enrollment deadline: end July 2020
- Future enrollment deadline: to be announced via newsletter
- The supported course will run for 8 weeks for you to complete the content.
- You gain exclusive access to our membership tribe for ongoing learning and support at incredibly affordable monthly rates!
- Discounts announced via newsletter!
Deon Xhamela Nebulane:
Mother tongue speaker and co-lead facilitator at UBuntu Bridge for over 10 years, Deon Nebulane, will provide live support on whatsapp, Zoom and the Facebook support group, as you progress through the course to ensure your engagement, enjoyment and completion. Deon teaches regularly in large corporations, government department and NGOs all over Cape Town.
Founder of UBuntu Bridge, and course content creator, Craig Makhosi, learnt Xhosa as an adult, spending much time in the rural villages and urban locations, and he is still learning. This is why he has such deep empathy for beginners to advanced learners and why he is able to teach at a level that people are able to understand and grasp quickly.
Together, we will teach you practical strategies and lead you through all the essentials of basic Xhosa conversational skills, using interactive audio files, clearly structured text lessons, engaging videos and fun Zoom sessions!
Come click with us!
"Love the lessons; bite-size/easily digestible and not intimidating at all. Thanks UBuntu noMakhosi!"
L Van Zyl
"I feel far more able to hold a
conversation and I am more willing to engage with people. It opens up a
whole new dimension to living in my own country."
Dr K Meiring
In this Course you will learn:
- new vital vocab, only the most important and useful words, not just long vocab lists!
- balanced with useful and practical grammar insights
- asking and answering common questions
- confident use of clarification Phrases to help you get clarity and understanding, but using Xhosa!
- Past and Future Tense
- Speaking about time!
- Dramatically improved speaking confidence
StartLESSON 7 OVERVIEW & OUTCOMES
StartNegative Commands (1:20)
StartPlease... - Ndicela / Nceda
StartTranslation Systems - Words
StartTranslation Systems - Phrases
StartCan you? / Do you know how?
StartDo you know hear me? (4:42)
StartLesson 7 ZOOM PREP (+ pin up phrase sheet)
“The course has improved my respect and communication with Xhosa people.
– Theo S (WCGRB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Includes all UBuntu Bridge materials (e-book + audio)
- Weekly, flexible Zoom Support sessions
- Downloadable, interactive Audio
- everyday Whatsapp Support
- discount opportunities for future levels!